Search This Blog

Sunday, May 07, 2006

My uncle

My uncle just passed away in Shanghai, China. I had been mad at him for awhile, but after I heard his death, I felt so bad. What would my late father say to me? My uncle was spoiled by his parents. I always felt so distant with him, we were never close. My father had been separated from him when they were young. My father went to live with his grandparents leaving my uncle as the only boy in their household. He has two younger sisters and my uncle was like a tyrant to them. He may have had some very good values, but we never had a chance to find out what they were. After my dad fled to Taiwan with Chiang kai-Shek’s troops in 1949, my father arranged for my uncle to settle in Taiwan as well; my father found him a clerical job in the ROC Air Force. My uncle visited us almost every weekend. He did not really do anything at our house; he sat in front of TV and ordered my sisters and me to get good food for him. I didn't know why. Every time he showed up in our house, we just tried to escape. My father did not like him, but he felt that his brother was his responsibility. My father took care of him and gave him financial support through his life. Uncle, I am glad you have returned to God’s hands. You suffered so much from your illness; you never really had hardship in your life, only loneliness. Now you don't have to suffer anymore. I wish you peace in heaven. God bless you.

No comments: